I always struggle in booking flights or planning a trip with family. I am aware that others are experiencing the same issue as me. You must wish to get an online agent or agency to do this work for you; guess what?
Your wish has come true!
Costco was already famous for its discounts and reliable services for electronics, items of furniture, and many other things. But that was not the limit of Costco; they expanded themselves and founded a new organisation called “Costco travels.” In this blog article, I will tell you everything about Costco travel, its packages, and membership benefits.
What is Costco Travel?
Costco travel was founded in 2000 by a parent organisation Costco. This travel agency provides you with exceptional packages and deals that are only applicable to members of Costco.
Some of the destinations you can travel to with the help of “Costco travels” are the following:
- Sedona, Arizona
- Washington DC
- Nashville Tennessee
How does Costco Travel work?
Here are some simple steps you can follow to book a memorable trip of your life:
- Go to Costco-Travel and create your account(You can also book your vacation without creating an account),
- Select the home page,
- Find and select the travel service you want,
- Add your respective dates, departure location, and dream destination,
- After choosing the package, flight, cruise, or car rental, review the trip details and confirm the booking.
You must be a Costco member to utilise Costco-Travel. There are four types of membership available:
- Gold Star: $60 per year
- Gold Star Executive: $120 per year
- Business: $60 per year
- Business Executive: $120 per year
Gold Star membership gives you access to stores and travel services, while Executive Membership gives you more benefits, including 2% back on your purchases made through Costco.
If you have a Costco membership, You can access multiple mind-blowing travel packages on Cosco travels, such as vacations, theme parks, cruises, and car rentals.
Costco Travel Vacations
Costco travel deals can give you a worthy vacation with your family or friends. Their vacation package includes flight, hotel booking, free transportation, and car rentals.
Costco Travel Theme Park
This in-house travel agency also provides theme park vacations or specialty vacations.
Theme park vacations package destinations include:
- Walt Disney World Resorts
- Universal Orlando Resort
- Disneyland Resort
Specialty vacations package destinations include:
- Adventures by Disney
- African Safari Vacations
- Brenden Vacations Ireland & Scotland
Costco Travel Cruises
Many beautiful and giant cruises are available on 12 cruise lines. Some worth mentioning cruises are:
- Bahamian Cruise(4-night)
- Inside passage cruise (7-night royal princess cruise)
- Celebrity Cruise (7-night celebrity edge cruise)
- Mexican Riviera Cruise(6-night Carnival Panorama Cruise)
- Bermuda and Virginia Beach Cruise (7-night Norwegian Night cruise)
When you book any 2023 Alaska Cruisetour, you will receive a $200 Bonus Digital Costco Shop Card.
Costco Travel Car Rental
Costco offers car rentals at discounted rates for its members. With partnerships with major car rental companies, Costco provides various economic and luxury vehicles. Members can also benefit from additional perks, such as free other drivers and free cancellations.
Brands of the rental car are the following:
Costco Travel Flights
You cannot book flights through Costco travel unless you plan an entire trip through them. If you choose to travel on an airplane on your Costco’s planned vacation, these are the airlines you can choose:
- Air Transat
- British Airways
- Delta Airlines
- Alaska Airlines
- American Airlines
- Air Canada
- Air France
- Fiji Airways
- Hawaiian Airlines
- United Airlines
- West Jet
- Air New Zealand
- Air Tahiti
- Air Tahiti Nui
Pros of Costco Membership:
Booking your trip with Costco has multiple benefits:
- Kirkland Signature cruises are the most affordable. Each voyage includes a range of Costco member benefits, including member cruise discounts, Wi-Fi, spa credits, and more.
- Executive-level members earn 2% cashback. Additionally, many deals include a shop card or gift card.
- You will get informed about everything related to traveling taxes and fees.
- When you use a Costco Anywhere Visa card to pay for a trip, you will receive an additional 3% cash back on travel.
- Payment options are very flexible.
- You can plan a trip easily online while sitting at home with your family.
Cons of Costco-Travel Membership:
Despite all the benefits, Costco Travel has some cons:
- You cannot book a trip. If you are not a member of Costco.
- They should also add a flight booking feature.
|READ ALSO: Club América vs Deportivo Toluca F.c. Timeline (Overview)|
Other Options For Planning a Trip
Some other online travel agency provides you with similar benefits as Costco travels. Two of the best competitors of Costco Travels are:
- American Express Travel:
It is one of the oldest travel agencies, founded in 1850. American Express travel allows you to book travel, hotel, and flights with many perks.
Priceline is a 1997-founded online travel service that allows you to book vacations, hotels, and flights with numerous benefits. They offer very low-cost holiday packages with excellent service.
Costco offers an exceptional travel experience for its members with a wide range of packages and deals for various destinations. You can access affordable vacations, cruises, car rentals, and theme parks with a Costco membership.
The flexible payment options informed information about travel taxes and fees, and 2% cashback for executive-level members are just a few of the many benefits of booking a trip with Costco Travel. However, the lack of flight booking options for non-Costco members and the absence of a flight-only booking feature may be a drawback. Despite this, Costco Travel remains a top travel agency.
FAQs About Costco Travel:
How can we save more money through Costco travel?
1. Get a Costco Executive membership.
2. Consider using the Costco Anywhere Visa Card.
3. Pay with another rewards credit card. ( Chase Sapphire Reserve®, Wells Fargo Autograph℠ Card)
Does Costco Travel have a mobile app?
No, but it is featured on the Costco app.
Does Costco Travel offer travel insurance?
They do not offer direct travel insurance but are affiliated with Zurich Insurance.
Where can I log in to Costco Travel?
Follow these three easy steps to log in to Costco travel.
1. Go to their website.
2. Choose the login icon at the top right of your screen.
3. Enter your email as well as your password.
How do I cancel my rental car reservation?
Follow these steps to cancel your rental car reservation:
1. Visit the Costco Travel website.
2. Login to your account.
3. Select your pre-booked car.
4. Click on “cancel.”
5. Now confirm your cancellation.