Last updated on February 24th, 2024 at 11:15 pm
Every single person wants to watch movies in their spare time. I can say that it’s the favorite hobby of people of all ages. Fifty-Four percent of Americans watch films at their home. And why not? After all, movies are a source of entertainment. My favorite movie genre is science fiction and thriller; what’s yours?
If you are a fan of fictional natural disasters movies, You must watch Sharknados. Sharknado has created a fuss among people. You have come to the right place if you want to watch it but need clarification. I will give you a review and cover everything you need to know about Sharknados.
I got chills just by hearing the name “Shark.” Sharks are extremely dangerous alone but imagine them during a hurricane. It will give you a horror picture in your mind. Sharksnado is a fictional concept in which sharks can reach land due to tornados and water sprouts.
These water sprouts form when tornados associates with thunderstorms. In real life, no sharknados have been reported till now. Although events in which alligators and other sea animals come to shore during a tornado have been reported.
Sharknado, written by Thunder Levin and directed by Anthony C. Ferrante, is a hilarious movie with thrill and comedy. It was produced by a production company, namely “The Asylum.” The first part was released in 2013 by Syfy. After the success of its first part, Ferrante decided to make sequels, and the rest is history.
This movie revolves around a group trying to survive a Sharknado storm. The storm hit Los Angeles and destroyed almost every infrastructure. Humans tried to pull through the storm but still faced many hurdles. Numerous people died in this movie.
In this movie, Fin is searching for his wife with his friends. During the search, he came across a school bus surrounded by sharks. He could have ignored it, but he saved those children. Fin and his group carried weapons to survive this horror day. In the end, Fin bombarded some sharks and finally killed one Shark with a chainsaw.
What is your first thought after reading this overview? You must be thinking about how dark this movie is. Well, the talented director has added a lot of comedy to entertain you.
Ziering, director of Sharksnado, was watching “the daily show with Jon Stewart.” The host mentioned a storm named “Sharknado.” Ziering decided that day to create a movie with this concept.
One more reason to watch Sharksnado is its cast. Some of the names are mentioned below:
- Ian Ziering as Fin Shepard (meteorologist working for National Weather Service NWS). He tried preventing the tornado from reaching LA.
- Tara Reid as April Wexler( Ian Wilson’s wife).
- Cassandra Scerbo as Nova Clarke.
- John Heard as Geaorge (helps fund Ian Wilson’s research into stopping Shark)
After watching Sharksnado, many criticized it because the scientific concepts were so lame. The air had changed quickly, and Sharksnado started trending on Twitter. It seems like people want entertainment and joy while watching a movie. Sharknado has the most-watched record in Syfy over history. And in 2017, Sharknado was the highest-grossing movie franchise.
After watching the first part of sharknado, you must be curious to watch its sequel. Here are the names of the sequels:
- Sharknado 2: The Second One
- Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No!,
- Sharknado: The 4th Awakens,
- Sharknado 5: Global Swarming,
- The Last Sharknado: It’s About time,
Now you know what Sharknado is and the plot of the movie. Let me give you a brief review of Sharknado then you can decide whether you want to watch it or not.
- Unique Story: The concept of Sharknado was imposing. No one has ever made a movie on this concept except Anthony. C.
- Rotten Tomatoes Ratings: 74% ratings on Rotten Tomatoes. It must be a good movie because rotten tomatoes do not give good reviews to bad movies.
- Comedy touch: Anthony makes sure that the audience enjoys his movies. He has directed many funny scenes in Sharknado.
- Special Effects: It was a low-budget movie, but the graphics suggest differently. They use top-notch special effects in Sharknado to make it look realistic.
- Acting: The acting of this movie is unimpressive. Comedy should look natural, not cringy.
- Stupid Gimmick: Repetition of silly gimmicks in every part.
- Same Concept: You can get bored watching the same concepts in every movie sequel.
- IMDb Ratings: 3.3 IMDb ratings, which is very low.
Surviving in any natural disaster is very difficult. Especially when sharks are around you. It will make things worse. Here are some tips if you are ever trapped in Sharksnado.
- Try to run from the water as fast as you can.
- Stay calm if you cannot run away and the storm reaches you.
- Don’t waste your energy in fast swimming because the water is already pushing you.
- If you see any shark coming towards you, swim smoothly away.
- Making noise is never a good idea because sharks can go for you.
- Avoid any cuts and injuries. Sharks can smell blood.
- Eat anything you can to survive.
Watching a thrilling comedy is always fun. Sharksnado is one of the best action thrillers based on natural disasters. The movie’s plot revolves around surviving a tornado and saving others. It is a reminder for all of us that nature is more powerful than humans. We are helpless in such types of natural disasters. Anyhow, the movie is a must-watch for all the entertainment fans out there.
Is Sharksnado Based on a True Story?
No, it is a fictional movie, not a real story.
Is Sharknado a kid’s movie?
I suggest you avoid watching Sharknados with kids. This movie shows a lot of blood and injuries.
Did they use real sharks in Sharknado?
Absolutely not, Fictional movies use graphical animation.
Who is the main antagonist in Sharknado?
Sharks are the villain of this movie.
Is Sharknado a Horror Movie?
No, it has some thrilling scenes, but we cannot say it’s a horror movie.
Is Sharksnado on Netflix, Disney Hotstar, and Amazon Prime?
No, Sharknado is not currently streaming on Netflix and Disney Hotstar. However, the film is available on Amazon Prime Video.